Tuesday 7 November 2017

Connected World Problem

I find going everywhere with music and my headphones in,
Quiets my mind, stops the poetry that is just naturally writing there.



* Paul Kelly sang Before Too Long, and I couldn't think of anything to rhyme with long. Seemed like far too much irony to use song.

The sun shone, there was a cool breeze, the birds chirped in the trees.
Fresh air, not a care.

Going where?
Headphones across my hair
On the way to the supermarket with a list
My reusable bag in my fist.


Bread, juice and sultanas
I practically went in my pyjamas
Early morning, it is true
Rolled oats, milk and coffee to brew,
Home quickly to my baby

(that’s what breakfast today be)

That’s how it goes
It’s sweet
The two of us
Give and take

Paul Kelly sings, The Pretty Place


No comments:

Post a Comment